Vanessa Proudman is keen on helping build the academic library of the future. She will use her experience to help academic libraries achieve this aim.
- Built networks and online information tools for policy makers and researchers at a UN-affiliated organisation, the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research
- Conducted European research on institutional and subject repositories, to aid policy makers and library management to make the right decisions on establishing, developing and sustaining repositories and their services
- Managed a network of leading European university libraries, NEREUS, focusing on cost-efficiency and innovation in library service provision
- Used workshops to develop library staff skills on standards, products and good working practice in the areas of portals, interoperability, IR management, advocacy and marketing and IPR issues
- As Programme Manager at Europeana, she helped develop their first strategic plan and annual work plans, conceptualised their first hackathon and introduced various knowledge exchange activities and products for them including an online knowledge-sharing space, Europeana Professional, its 20+ projects and Europe’s cultural heritage professionals.